The optional categories are scored separately and do not affect the score from the Mandatory Categories per Age Division. Contestants can receive additional awards and prizes by participating in the Optional Categories.
Optional Categories = More chances to win more prizes! Oh Yeah!
***Ultimate PEARL Supreme Award***
Want a chance to win a $CASH PRIZE$ and the Ultimate Crown across all age divisions???
Participate in the optional Talent Competition for a chance to be crowned Miss Ultimate PEARL Supreme across all age divisions!
Do you sing, dance, cheer, recite poetry, know karate, or have a special talent? We want to see your skills! This is your time to shine!
- Time limit: 2 minutes or less. You provide your own music. Props are allowed, but must be easily removed on and off stage.
- What are the judges looking for? The judges are looking for presentation, performance, self-assurance, and execution.
*Scores for this category contribute to the overall pageant score for the chance to be crowned Miss Ultimate PEARL Supreme across all age divisions!
Miss Natural’s Next Top Model
Wear your favorite Outfit of Choice and rock the runway! Anything Goes! Show us your best fun and fierce Model Walk in this segment of the pageant! You go girl!
- Time limit: 2 minutes or less. Music will be provided. Props are allowed, but must be easily removed on and off stage.
Miss Naturally Photogenic
You are naturally beautiful just the way that you are. This event is your time to show off a fabulous photo of yourself! The picture that you submit can be a professional picture or a personal picture from a camera.
- Glamour and Glitz photos are not allowed. The photo should be 5X7 or greater in size and should be turned in at the registration table before the pageant begins in a clear plastic cover.
- Judging will take place prior to the start of the pageant in the judges’ room.
Miss Role Model – Essay/Resume Competition
This award will be given to one contestant who is dedicated to being a role model and helping her community. To enter, simply email a brief statement or resume outlining your good deeds. Or tell a story about something positive you have done for a friend or your community.
- This can be volunteer work with a youth group/church group or simply a story about how you impacted someone else’s life, such as standing up for a classmate who was being bullied, or helping a neighbor who is struggling with an illness.
- Stories and/or resumes must be sent to us by June 1st 2014. Email to Foreverpearl@pearl-girls.org .
*The scoring system is (1-10). Scores for these optional categories are separate and will NOT count towards the contestant’s overall score.
**Please see the Rules & Regulations for details regarding props, makeup, attire, etc.
***Music for optional categories cannot contain offensive language. Music with offensive language is an automatic disqualifier. Please be sure to bring (2) copies of your music to the pageant on a CD (one copy is for back-up). Make sure that the CDs are labeled with your name and age division.