The Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant is a unique pageant, unlike any other. This distinctive pageant turns beauty inside out! The girls involved in this pageant are rewarded for their:
- Academic achievement
- Public speaking skills
- Civic engagement
- Leadership abilities
The Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship pageant is open to DFW High School Juniors and Seniors with at least a 2.5 GPA.
Who is Miss PEARL of Dallas?
She is a role model who cares about her role and other young ladies’ roles in society. She is a poised woman with confidence and a compelling spirit. She is involved in her community, is talented, and intelligent. She is goal oriented, independent, and an articulate communicator. Miss PEARL of Dallas is an exemplary leader and takes pride in her academic achievement and civic engagement.
What is the Mission and Goal?
The Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant promotes and encourages academic achievement, self-confidence, community engagement, leadership, and sisterhood amongst girls and women.
Our goal is to empower, motivate, and inspire girls to realize they are unique and strong people who can accomplish anything and make a difference in their community.
The Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner Beauty Scholarship Pageant is a pageant like no other. Traditional beauty pageants place high value on how well a girl fits into society’s “beauty” standards. These pageants celebrate and reward girls for their physical beauty, and they force girls against each other as enemies who are competing to achieve acceptance from others for their physical appearance.
This pageant turns beauty inside out!
Our pageant strives to eliminate rivalry amongst girls and instead infuses a sisterhood bond of civic involvement and academic success.
How can I participate?
1. Obtain a copy of your High School Transcript from your high school Counselor. You will need to upload a scanned copy of your transcript to your online application, or mail the copy to P.O. Box 700202 Dallas, TX 75370 by December 13th 2013.
2. You will need to submit two 300-500 word essays with your online application in order to be considered for the program. Prepare your essays in advance so that you can simply upload them into your online application. The essay topics are:
- (1) What is the significance of participating in an Inner-Beauty Pageant? Why is it important to celebrate Inner-Beauty?
- (2) What is a critical issue that is currently effecting your community? Is there a solution to this issue?
3. APPLY ONLINE. The application takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete online, and there is no option to save and return later. Please be sure that you have enough time to complete your application. Applications and HIgh School Transcripts are due by December 13, 2013.
4. Be available for Pageant meetings/rehearsals on Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. beginning in January and ending in April 2014. The meetings are held in downtown Dallas. Once selected to participate, you will receive the official pageant meeting/rehearsal schedule.
It’s more than just a Pageant!
PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and the sponsoring organization for the Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant. We believe that when girls are brought together, educated, and encouraged to be leaders by virtue, not only are their lives transformed, but the entire community is empowered.
The girls who participate in the Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant become apprentices in the PEARL Girl’s University, which is a personal development program for girls. This life-changing program is a 15- week course where high school juniors and seniors meet weekly and are taught valuable life-skills in order to prepare them for their future. Girls receive training in:
- Goal Setting
- Financial Literacy
- Public Speaking Skills
- Job Interviewing Skills
- Leadership Attributes
- Proper Social and Business Etiquette
PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. strives to instill a great sense of self-worth, self-confidence, and academic excellence in our PEARL Girls. We encourage pursuing higher education, and it is our hope that through fundraising efforts, our PEARL girls will receive a sufficient amount of scholarship funds to successfully start their freshman year in college. All scholarship amounts are dependent upon monies received through fundraising efforts, and the girls’ participation in the entrepreneurship activities of selling ad pages for the program book, receiving corporate, private, or personal sponsorships, and other pageant fundraisers.
To date, PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. has awarded over $31,000 worth of college scholarships to young ladies who have participated in our Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant.
In a 2012 survey given to our previous 2008-2012 Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant Participants:
- 100% of our Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Participants have enrolled in a college or university.
- 100% of those participants who turned in surveys felt special and important while participating in the pageant.
- 91.67% of those who turned in surveys responded that they felt their self-esteem increased due to their pageant participation.
- 92.31% of those who turned in surveys responded that the pageant encouraged them to pursue their goals.
- 84.62% of those who turned in surveys stated that the pageant better prepared them for college.
- 83.33% of participants’ surveys affirmed that the pageant participants felt they were better at public speaking because of the pageant.
When is the Pageant?
The pageant will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 26th 2014 at The DeSoto Corner Theater, 211 E. Pleasant Run Rd, DeSoto, TX 75115.