Looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of girls?
Do you long to make a difference in the community… touch a life…provide guidance to a wondering mind…be a mentor to a young soul…or shine a ray of hope in to a life? Do you have creative youth programming ideas that are just longing to be expressed…have experience creating, marketing, and hosting programs for youth? If you answered “YES” to any of the questions mentioned above, PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. invites you to consider donating your time, talents, and treasures by becoming a member of our Board of Directors!
PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is dedicated to fostering positive development amongst adolescent girls; building empowered women of confidence, integrity, and leadership.
Statement of Philosophy:
PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. was created out of the critical need for effective girl-focused programs targeting inner-city girls. PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. upholds the belief that when girls are brought together, educated, and encouraged to be leaders by virtue, not only are their lives transformed, but the entire community is empowered.
What is the role of the Board of Directors?
The PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. Board of Directors is responsible for governing and managing all aspects of the organization. Tasks include planning, overseeing, and evaluating effectiveness of programs as well as managing financial aspects. The Board of Directors also serve as liaisons and advocates to the community by cultivating relationships conducive to program development.
What is the Time Commitment?
- Directors serve a (2) year term.
- Directors are required to attend (1) monthly Board meeting, usually held on Tuesday evenings.
- Directors are required to serve on at least (1) sub- committee which may have additional meetings (via face to face, email, or conference call) for planning special programs (i.e. Inner-Beauty Pageant, Empower Hours, etc.)
- Directors should communicate via email or phone with other board members for planning purposes between board meetings.
- Directors should invest time outside of Board meetings (roughly 2-3 hours a week) advocating for and cultivating new relationships and researching for/planning for programs on behalf of PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc.
Ideal Board of Directors Requirements Include:
- Possessing a passion for wanting to enhance the lives of girls
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Great communication skills
- Persistence and determination to make a difference
Application, Interview and Selection Process:
All interested parties must be at least 18 years old to complete the PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. Board application process.
- Applicant must submit a completed Board Member Application, professional resume, and official statement of interest.
- The Board of Directors will review the items mentioned above and then select candidates for an interview.
- If selected, the applicant will attend an Introductory Meeting/Personal Interview with the President and Vice President of PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc.
- The Board of Directors will deliberate and notify applicants of final decision via mail.
How can I join the Board?