PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc., the non-profit branch of PEARL Girls, believes in the power of the mind, body, and the spirit working together. Therefore, we take a holistic approach towards development and provide programs that cultivate confidence from within.
Our programs focus on:
- enhancing self-esteem
- goal setting and attainment
- teaching leadership qualities
- developing public speaking skills
- life-skills training
- instilling & encouraging inner-beauty
- financial literacy education
- encouraging youth entrepreneurship & philanthropy
- substance abuse prevention
- and academic enhancement
- To date, PEARL Girls of Promise, Inc. has awarded over $36,000 worth of college scholarships to young ladies who have participated in our Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant.
- In addition, over 200 girls have been EMPOWERED by participating in our self-esteem enhancing program, Empower Hours.
In a 2012 survey given to our previous 2008-2012 Inner-Beauty Scholarship Pageant Participants:
- 100% of our Miss PEARL of Dallas Inner-Beauty Scholarship Participants have enrolled in a college or university.
- 100% of those participants who turned in surveys felt special and important while participating in the pageant.
- 91.67% of those who turned in surveys responded that they felt their self-esteem increased due to their pageant participation.
- 92.31% of those who turned in surveys responded that the pageant encouraged them to pursue their goals.
- 84.62% of those who turned in surveys stated that the pageant better prepared them for college.
- 83.33% of those who turned in surveys stated that they felt they were better at public speaking because of the pageant.
We are “Empowering Girls for a Promising Future”.